October 1, 2014 — Why did David Bruce Smith create the Grateful American™ Foundation? And what are his goals?
In this segment of the Grateful American™ Radio Show, David is interviewed by Jim Basker, president of the Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History. Basker asks:
* What inspired David to create the Grateful American™ Foundation?
* What are his plans and goals for the Foundation?
* David’s father, Robert H. Smith, long considered himself a grateful American. How did that impact David and his family?
* David’s grandfather, Charles E. Smith, was a developer in DC and also an immigrant. What lessons do you think Robert learn from his father — and what life lessons did he teach David about the importance of giving back?
5. David is the author of several books on historical figures — including Abraham Lincoln and John Marshall. Tell us about those books, especially American Hero: John Marshall, Chief Justice of the United States,” which was illustrator by David’s mother — internationally-renowned artist Clarice Smith; on amazon at http://www.amazon.com/American-Hero-Marshall-Justice-United/dp/0985935863
6. What’s next for the Grateful American™ series?
Here’s to restoring enthusiasm in American history for kids, and adults!
David Bruce Smith, founder and chairman of the board
Grateful American™ Foundation
Hope Katz Gibbs, executive producer
Grateful American™ Series
Note: The photos of the historic figures pictured in this video have been provided courtesy of the presidential and historic homes and museums depicted, as well from the authors and historians, and / or are under Creative Commons usage. The Grateful American™ Series understands that these images are in the public domain and have no known copyright restrictions.