May 1, 2017 – September 5, 2017
931 Thomas Jefferson Parkway, Charlottesville, VA 22902 • Directions.
When: Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, May 1-September 5 (excluding May 16 and July 4)
Details: Includes access to gardens, grounds, and visitor center 1 to 8 pm (8:30 pm in June and July), House Tours begin at 5:30 and 5:45 pm.
New! Enjoy the beauty and tranquility of Monticello at the end of the day with this exclusive pass that allows you to delight in the vistas of Jefferson’s “little mountain” after the regular closing time. Arrive in the afternoon, and take part in guided tours of Monticello’s gardens and Mulberry Row. And then browse the exhibition galleries and Museum Shop on your own before your guided house tour which includes the third-floor Dome Room. After the tour, enjoy spectacular views of the setting sun from the mountaintop!
INCLUDED IN THE SUNSET PASS:
- Multi-floor, evening Tour of the House
- Guided Slavery at Monticello Tours (April-October and weekends in February)
- Guided Gardens and Grounds Tours (April-October)
STATE OF THE ART VISITOR CENTER
- Free Parking
- 4 Exhibitions
- 15-minute film Thomas Jefferson’s World
- Griffin Discovery Room
- Monticello Museum Shop
- Shopping and café
- Crossroads exhibition in lower level of the main house
- Seasonal Mountaintop Activity Center
- African American Graveyard